Grove is a software as a service product provided by Proper Technology Limited (New Zealand Company Number 6811586) (“us”, “we”) at Proper Technology (“Grove”).
- to all personal information that you submit through Grove or to us directly, and any personal information that may be retrieved through your use of Grove.
- if you are: ❗️
What information we collect about you
- Grove collects information about authorized users, end users (with their information processed on the instructions of our customer), and website visitors.
- Where we collect personal information about you, you are under no obligation to provide us with any such information. However, if you choose to withhold requested information, we may not be able to provide you with certain services or functionality.
- You can stop the collection of your information by permanently deleting your account and by ceasing to use our services. However, under New Zealand law, we may retain personal information for as long as is required for the purposes described in clause 4 below.
- We may use third-party services, to obtain information about you (for example your company and country) and publicly available information about you, such as your job title.
We collect personal information about you when you create an account and when you access and use Grove. In particular we will collect:
- your company/personal name;
- your contact details;
- payment related information;
- information about how Grove is used (for example, traffic volumes, time spent on pages);
- your IP address and/or other device identifying data; and
- other information required to provide a service you requested.
- We collect metadata that is not able to be used to identify an individual. Any data retained by Grove for business reasons is first irreversibly anonymised.
- If we are notified by our customer to delete an end user's data, we will complete this within one month.
- We collect personal information about you when you access our website. In particular we will collect:❗️
What we do with the information we collect
- We collect personal information, and may share such personal information with other entities (such as service providers).
- We may sell data that we collect in an aggregated format. This data will not identify you personally. We may share and sell anonymous aggregated data with third parties, including service providers, our affiliates, agents and current and prospective business partners.
- You may receive emails for product announcements, promotions, educational materials, and events.
- We use third party sub-processors to process data. You can see who these sub-processors are and what we use them for at Grove Subprocessors.
Storage and security of information
You should be aware that information transmitted over the internet is inherently insecure. We will take all reasonable steps to securely store any personal information collected through Grove. This information may (for the avoidance of doubt) be transferred and stored on servers outside of New Zealand.
Any information sent through Grove is passed through a secure server using encryption technology. All personal information stored by us is protected through secure passwords, user log-ons and other security procedures.
In addition, our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information we hold. However, we will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access of your personal information.
You play an important role in keeping your personal information secure by maintaining the confidentiality of any password and accounts used on Grove. Please notify us immediately if there is any unauthorised use of your account by any other internet user or any other breach of security.
In the event Grove discovers, is notified of, or reasonably suspects a Privacy Incident, Grove will promptly notify each customer of:
- the date of discovery and date range of unauthorized activity;
- a description of the nature of the incident including a description of the categories and approximate number of Data Subjects, as well as the categories and the approximate number of records containing Personal Data affected by the Privacy Incident;
- the name and contact details of the individual(s) in charge of Grove’s response to the Privacy Incident;
- Grove’s assessment, developed through reasonable diligence, of the likely consequences of the Privacy Incident with respect to the affected Personal Data and Data Subjects; and
- a description of the measures taken or proposed to be taken by the customer to address the personal data breach/Privacy Incident, including, where appropriate, measures to mitigate its possible adverse effects.
Retention of your information
We will only hold your personal information for as long as permitted by New Zealand law. You have the right under the Privacy Act 1993 to access and/or correct your personal information held by us. You can do this by contacting us using the details below.
- Email: [email protected]
Post: Proper Technology Ltd, Level 14, 22-28 Willeston Street, Wellington Central, Wellington, 6011 , New Zealand.
More information about privacy